The Saint Martin guesthouse is ideally situated with Blois just 7 minutes away along the Loire Valley,
or heading west, on the south bank of the river the towns of Amboise and Chenonceaux are within
Choose your own pace…
- Blois, The Royal Château , The House of Magic (or the Universe of Illusions), the `Foundation of Doubt` (contemporary art in many forms), and the House of Comic Strips.
- The National Estate of Chambord
- The private Château de Cheverny
- The Estate of Chaumont-sur-Loire with the Annual International Garden Festival and the Centre of Arts and Nature.
- The Château d`Amboise and the Domaine Clos Lucé (former residence of Leonardo de Vinci)
- Park and gardens of the Loire Valley
- Further north, the Loir valley, Trôo with its troglodyte houses, the frescoes and murals in Lavardin, le Manoir de la Possonnière de Ronsard.
- Beauval Zoo
- The Sologne
- The road of Loire wines
The activities of the moment
- The Loire Valley, World Heritage of Unesco, is ideal for a bike tour: cycle tracks and paths lead you through forests, plains and vineyards on flat ground. Day by day, over cycling trip in this enchanted region, discover the magic of the castles, taste Loire wines, and seduced by the rhythm of small reine.Les cycling tours alternate between bicycle paths and little roads through vineyards and forests. This stay rhymes with fun, fresh air and diversity. Of bicycle tours or walking around Blois are also
discovering the Loire Valley softly.
- You can visit many of the famous châteaux (Blois, Chambord, Cheverny, Chaumont sur Loire) in the Sologne region as well as the not so famous, or simply discover the Sologne.
- Discover the Loire Valley by bicycle or on foot – very relaxing and avoiding organised tours!
Spring is here, the mild winter has made an April flowery! Cuckoo for a few weeks and summer and festivities ahead.
- 6th Chambord festival from 1 to 16 July 2016
- 1 July 2016 at 21h, the Royal Fireworks at the Castle of Chambord
- Jazzin’cheverny Festival from June 30 to July 3, 2016
- Venetian weekend on 4 and 5 June 2016 at the Chateau de Cheverny
- Gardens of the world to come to the internationnal Garden Festival of Chaumont sur Loire area from April 21 to November 2, 2016
- And also the facilities of the Centre for Arts and Nature