The house we find behind the walls has an intimate feel.
Marie-Luce will welcome you to her home, where the passing of time is marked by the church clock.
The centuries have left their mark on the facade; the inside has assumed the colours of an English palette where blues, greens and greys mirror the skies of the Loire Valley.
Some of the old doors of the house have been kept from a time when people were smaller, and you have to lower your head to enter certain rooms!
Some floors are worn by footsteps, and the ceilings are in a style called « à la française », where the joists are the same width as the gaps between them.
Go through the gateway…
There are sofas and armchairs in the lounge or in the garden. Something to read from the bookshelves, music to listen to, or just talking, here you can dream, create, or escape…
The house cat may come and say hello before going off to find a sunny spot and a cushion!
Some times dinner is available à la table d’hôtes (eating with your hosts) some times – please order in advance.
The cuisine is organic, seasonal and local. It is inspired by nature, the weather, the fruits and vegetables of the season. You also have a choice of vegetarian, gluten-free or dairy-free menus (please indicate when booking).
Natural wines and teas complete your meals.
Breakfast (included in price of the room) will be served in the dining room, or in your room on request.
- Unlimited Nepresso coffee available in the lounge.
- There is a public car park 100 metres further up the road where parking is free.
- Bicycles can be left in the shed at the bottom of the garden.
- To preserve the tranquility of the house, children are welcome from the age of 16 .
- Smoking is not permitted in the house.
- Animals are not admitted
- For those with more sensitive hearing, please note that despite the soundproofing you may hear the church clock, which strikes hourly from 07:30 to 20:30.